Whether you prefer to keep the original look or create a unique one by changing the colour of the wheels, our comprehensive alloy wheel refurbishment service ensures that we get the best possible results.
With over a decades worth of knowledge and experience in this field we constantly receive high levels of praise and feedback from our customers. Our reputation in the local area is unparalleled and we pride ourselves on continually improving and expanding. With top of the range equipment at our disposal combined with our wealth of knowledge you can rest assured that your wheels are in the right hands.
We continually refine our process in order to remain at the forefront of alloy wheel refurbishment practices. Our process includes the following stages.
Our process includes the following stages
- wheels are removed from the vehicle
- tyres are removed from the wheels and visually inspected for low tread, damage to the sidewall, bulges and punctures
- visual inspection of the wheels for any cracks or obvious flatspots
- wheels are then spun to check if they are buckled
- Wheels are placed into our chemical stripping tanks to remove all existing paint and lacquer
- Once the wheels are fully stripped they are removed and thoroughly washed
- Wheels go through an automated shot blasting machine to lightly etch the surface in preparation for powdercoating
- Manual machining is carried out to remove light kerb damage
- If any welding or straightening is required it will be carried out in this stage of the process
- Wheels are preheated and then powdercoated in primer
- Oven cured prior to wet painting the customers’ choice of colour
- Precision diamond cutting lathe used to machine the surface of the alloy wheel removing a few 1/1000 of an inch at a time
- Acrylic powdercoat lacquer applied and oven cured in order to achieve exceptional clarity and durability of the finished wheel
- Tyres are refitted to wheels
- Balanced using adhesive weights
- Wheels fitted back onto the vehicle